Topic: Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
2. Will Trump’s peace plan help resolve Israel-Palestine crisis? Discuss the possibilities and suggest way forward.(250 words)
Reference: The Hindu
Why this question:
The West Asia peace plan has been unveiled recently by U.S. President Donald Trump. Thus the question.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss the relevance of the plan in addressing the Israel-Palestine crisis and the possible way ahead of it.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Briefly explain what the plan is.
- The Peace plan seeks to give the Israelis what they have long wanted — an expansive state with Jerusalem as its undivided capital and tight security control over a future Palestinian state.
- With his plan, Mr. Trump is actually pushing to revive the stalled two-state talks between the Israelis and the Palestinians, but on his own terms.
- The Trump plan seeks to address most of the contentious issues in the conflict such as the border of Israel, the status of Palestinian refugees, Jewish settlements on the West Bank, Israel’s security concerns and the status of the city of Jerusalem.
- However, the solutions Mr. Trump has proposed to almost all of these issues favour the Israeli positions (Explain the areas in detail)
Conclude with your opinion as to whether the plan will work or more needs to be done in this direction.