Topic: Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions; laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance; accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding; corporate governance.
7. Compare and contrast Distributive and social justice. Do you think Distributive justice can prove to be a better philosophy to bring social justice? Give your opinion with suitable examples. (250 words)
Reference: Ethics by Lexicon Publications
Why this question:
The question is based on the theme of social as well as distributive justice.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must compare and contrast the two variants of justice viz. social justice and the distributive justice. One must argue in what way Distributive justice can prove to be a better philosophy to bring social justice with suitable illustrations.
Compare and contrast – provide for a detailed comparison of the two types, their features that are similar as well as different. One must provide for detailed assessment of the two.
Structure of the answer:
Highlight the significance of Justice in general.
- Give the definition of distributive justice and different types of distributive norms.
- Give the definition of social justice.
- Explain how distributive justice can support social justice.
- Explain how distributive justice and social justice are in opposition.
- Quote examples to justify your stand.
Conclude that a balanced approach is required to create harmony between social justice and distributive justice.