Topic: Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
2. With Data being the new oil, National Data and Analytics Platform will work to democratize access to publicly available government data. Elucidate. (250 words)
Reference: Economic Times
Why this question:
NITI Aayog released its vision for the National Data and Analytics Platform (NDAP) recently, thus the question.
Key demand of the question:
Discuss in detail the significance of such a platform in aiding to democratize access to publicly available government data.
Elucidate – Give a detailed account as to how and why it occurred, or what is the particular context. You must be defining key terms where ever appropriate, and substantiate with relevant associated facts.
Structure of the answer:
Start with the concerns that were raising about access of available government data.
Comment on the features of the National Data and Analytics Platform (NDAP).
- It aims to democratize access to publicly available government data.
- It will host the latest datasets from various government websites, present them
- Coherently and provide tools for analytics and visualization.
- It will follow a user-centric approach and will enable data access in a simple and intuitive portal tailored to the needs of a variety of stakeholders.
- It will spearhead the standardization of formats in which data is presented across sectors
- It would cater to a wide audience of policy makers, researchers, innovators, data scientists, journalists and citizens.
Discuss the advantages of the move, explain any concerns associated.
Conclude that the platform will bring in more transparency and accountability and will helps in achieving the Vision of Digital India under one of its pillars – Information For All.