Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
4. While presenting various editions of the Raisina dialogue , discuss what India hopes to achieve through it and its significance of it to the world today.(250 words)
Why this question:
The fifth edition of the prestigious event is being jointly organized by the Ministry of External Affairs and the Observer Research Foundation.
Key demand of the question:
Discuss in detail the significance of Raisina Dialogue to Asia and world and the role that India plays.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Describe what Raisina Dialogue is.
- First present facts associated – The three-day conference will see the participation of 12 Foreign Ministers, including from Russia, Iran, Australia, Maldives, South Africa, Denmark, Uzbekistan and the EU. The theme this year is ‘Navigating the alpha century’.
- The Raisina Dialogue is a multilateral conference committed to addressing the most challenging issues facing the global community.
- It is a multilateral conference held annually in India.
- Every year, global leaders in policy, business, media and civil society are hosted in New Delhi to discuss cooperation on a wide range of pertinent international policy matters.
- The conference is hosted by the Observer Research Foundation, an independent think tank, in collaboration with the Ministry of External Affairs of India.
- It is designed to explore prospects and opportunities for Asian integration as well as Asia’s integration with the larger world.
Conclude with importance of such multilateral forums.