Topics Covered: Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
Telangana Industrial Health Clinic
What to study?
For Prelims: About TIHCL.
For Mains: Functions and significance.
Context: The Telangana Industrial Health Clinic Ltd (TIHCL) is ready to extend services beyond the boundaries of Telangana on demand.
- Since its inception about one and a half year ago as a fintech non-banking finance company, the TIHCL has been managing with just one-tenth of the originally envisaged ₹100 crore corpus fund. This decision makes it eligible for Central government funding.
- The proposed foray, however, would be subject to the State government giving an assurance of no intrusion either in the model of funding, offered to the micro and small enterprises, or governance.
- Another condition is that the Centre or the State government concerned ought to take care of the administrative, legal and consulting expenses.
About the Telangana Industrial Health Clinic Ltd (TIHCL):
TIHCL is a co-financing non-banking finance company (NBFC).
Objective: To provide financial support to micro and small manufacturing units.
- TIHCL is promoted by the Telangana Government with 10 per cent of the capital of Rs 100 crore. About 5 per cent of the capital comes from micro and small enterprises which seek its facilitation and services.
- Banks, financial institutions and high networth tndividuals are expected to contribute the rest of the capital.
Sources: the Hindu.