Topic: Population and associated Issues
2. “For India to realize its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and economic aspirations, population stabilization should be a national priority”. Elucidate. (250 Words)
Why this question:
The NITI Aayog is to draft a roadmap for achieving population stabilization in collaboration with the Population Foundation of India (PFI).
Key demand of the question:
One must bring out the importance of population stabilization for the country and the need to make it a national priority.
Elucidate – Give a detailed account as to how and why it occurred, or what is the particular context. You must be defining key terms where ever appropriate, and substantiate with relevant associated facts.
Structure of the answer:
Present in brief an introduction about India’s population and its growth.
Have the following dimensions covered in your answer:
- Present relevant facts and findings of the report.
- Write about the problems of having huge Population in achieving SDGs.
- Explain the India’s aspirations in achieving $ 5 trillion economy.
- Mention about the role of population in achieving the economic goals.
- Suggest measures to be taken in this regard.
Conclusion: Conclude by directing towards a futuristic way forward for the same.