Topic: Role of civil services in a democracy.
2. The competence, commitment and confidence of the civil services helps make a difference to the governance landscape of our country. Discuss the above statement with respect to the importance of civil services for a democratic country like India. (250 words)
Indian polity by Lakshmikant.
Key demand of the question:
The question wants us to write in detail about the role and importance of civil services for a country like India.
Discuss- this is an all-encompassing directive which mandates us to write in detail about the key demand of the question. we also have to discuss about the related and important aspects of the question in order to bring out a complete picture of the issue in hand.
Structure of the answer:
write a few introductory lines about the Civil services in India.
Discuss in points the role played by civil services in a democracy and try to connect them with Indian civil services. E.g.
- Role in Governance
- Role in provision of public goods and services
- Economic policy improvement and implementation
- Role in fiscal sustainability
- Role in institutional development
based on your discussion, form a fair and a balanced conclusion on the given issue.