[Insights Secure – 2020] Daily UPSC Mains Answer Writing Practice: 30 November 2019
Click on EACH question to post/upload you answers.
General Studies – 1
Topic: Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the
present- significant events, personalities, issues.
1) The Indian national movement was a popular multi-class movement which underwent constant ideological transformation. Justify(250 words)
Modern India by Spectrum publications
Topic: The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors
/contributions from different parts of the country.
2) The strategies, ideologies, approaches of Dalit movement varied from leader to leader, place to place and time to time. Discuss.(250 words)
Modern history by Spectrum publications.
General Studies – 2
Topic: Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressal mechanisms and
3) Discuss the powers of the state government to grant diminution, also remark if the Judiciary has violated the doctrine of separation of powers in this regard. Justify with relevant cases. (250 words)
Indian Polity by Lakshmikant
Topic:India and its neighborhood- relations.
4) Recent events highlight Russia’s growing strategic interest in the Indian Ocean, India should be aware of the consequences and think of its own regional strategy. Analyse(250 words)
General Studies – 3
Topic:Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location,
upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
5) The government’s recent resolution to allow production of ethanol by reconverting sugar has various outcomes to the sugar and ethanol production. Examine (250 words)
Topic: Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
6) The FASTag is the en route for the transport sector which enables the Government’s push in the direction of a cashless system across length and breadth of the country. Discuss (250 words)
Topic: Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment.
7) World countries collectively failed to stop the growth in global Green House Gas emissions and deeper cuts are the need of the hour to mitigate climate change”. Discuss.(250 words)
We are giving hints for each question. Please use your creativity and originality to come up with answers that are unique to you. But do so without deviating from core demand of each question. Ultimately you should use your reason and judgement to write your own answer.