Topic:Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
4) With the Naga peace process approaching the final twitch, explain the prominence of an early settlement of the time’s old issue. Deliberate the key demands of the Centre and the Nagas.(250 words)
Why this question:
The last leg of negotiations between the government and the representatives of the six Naga National Political Groups (NNPGs) are being conducted in Delhi and the Naga peace process is expected to conclude by October 31.
Key demand of the question:
The question is based upon the ongoing happenings around Naga peace process. Students must trace the process so far and the implications along with the possibilities of way ahead.
Structure of the answer:
In brief trace the negotiations so far.
Explain first the factors that have triggered the present situation so far.
Discuss the following aspects in the answer:
- How did the Naga issue start?
- Is the peace process with the NSCN the first?
- How have the divisions impacted the peace process?
- What are possible solutions ahead?
Conclude with way forward.