Topic: India and its neighborhood- relations.
6) Discuss how the border dispute with China is posing a major test to the India-China bilateral relations. List down the efforts taken by both countries in this regard and their consequences.(250 words)
Why this question:
Recurrent conflicts between India and China at the border have brought to light the existing Border dispute between India and China. The failure of the two nations to resolve the issue has had a profound impact on the bilateral relations and the article discusses the need for a more balanced approach.
Key demand of the question:
Answer must explain the context, issues involved, the background and the causes for fallout while suggesting way ahead to tackle the scenario.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
In brief state the scenario between the two countries.
- Explain first the background on India-China border issues.
- Explain the associated fallouts between the two in the past.
- Discuss in detail the Agreements and initiatives to resolve border disputes.
- Suggest what should be the position of both the countries on border disputes.
Conclude with way forward.