Topic: Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators; role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
6) Mahatma Gandhi fostered an attitude of encouraging multiple religious attachments in his discourse; in this context discuss what according to him constitutes practicing plurality? How can it be fostered?(250 words)
Why this question:
The article named ‘Recovering Gandhi’s religious vision’ discusses in detail Mahatma Gandhi’s religious views and the idea of religious plurality.
Key demand of the question:
One has to discuss in depth the idea of religious plurality as propounded by Mahatma Gandhi.
Structure of the answer:
In brief explain what religious plurality is.
The answer body should have the following key points:
- Add a note on the importance of an identity. Religion in the diversified society like India and introduce Gandhi’s view on religion.
- Discuss on the various dimensions of Gandhi’s religious philosophy.
- In brief, elaborate on the present social conditions.
- Examine the relevance of the Gandhian religious philosophy in the present conditions.
Conclude by reasserting significance of Gandhian philosophy of religious plurality.