Topic: Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life.
7) India is preparing for a massive digital and technological transformation; in such a phase discuss India’s preparedness with respect to embracing Industrial Revolution 4.0.(250 words)
Why this question:
Recently, A pilot project for ushering in Industry 4.0 in the country has been launched at the Modern Coach Factory in Uttar Pradesh’s Raebareli.
Key demand of the question:
The question seeks to discuss the relevance and progress of Industrial revolution 4.0 for Indian economy.
Structure of the answer:
In brief define Industrial revolution 4.0. – The fourth Industrial Revolution describes the present technological age ongoing in 21st century that has come up since the first such revolution took place in the 18th century.
- Explain the context of India and its progress on IR 4.0.
- India has become the fourth country in the world where World Economic Forum has opened its centre for Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- Hence, India is preparing for a massive digital and technological transformation.
- The centre for Fourth Industrial Revolution works as a network that includes USA, China and Japan.
- The centre would be based in Maharashtra and it has selected drones, artificial intelligence and block chain as the first three project areas.
- NITI Aayog will coordinate the partnership on behalf of the government and the work of the centre among multiple ministries.
Conclude with way forward.