Topic: Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life.
7) India is preparing for a massive digital and technological transformation; in such a phase discuss India’s preparedness with respect to embracing Industrial Revolution 4.0.(250 words)
Why this question:
Recently, A pilot project for ushering in Industry 4.0 in the country has been launched at the Modern Coach Factory in Uttar Pradesh’s Raebareli.
Key demand of the question:
The question seeks to discuss the relevance and progress of Industrial revolution 4.0 for Indian economy.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
In brief define Industrial revolution 4.0. – The fourth Industrial Revolution describes the present technological age ongoing in 21st century that has come up since the first such revolution took place in the 18th century.
- Explain the context of India and its progress on IR 4.0.
- India has become the fourth country in the world where World Economic Forum has opened its centre for Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- Hence, India is preparing for a massive digital and technological transformation.
- The centre for Fourth Industrial Revolution works as a network that includes USA, China and Japan.
- The centre would be based in Maharashtra and it has selected drones, artificial intelligence and block chain as the first three project areas.
- NITI Aayog will coordinate the partnership on behalf of the government and the work of the centre among multiple ministries.
Conclude with way forward.