- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) Scheme
What to study?
For Prelims: Key features of the scheme.
For Mains: Need for and significance of the scheme, usage of technology for better learning outcomes.
Context: Ministry of HRD announces National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) Scheme for using better technology for better learning outcomes in Higher Education.
The objective is to use Artificial Intelligence to make learning more personalised and customised as per the requirements of the learner.
How it works?
- MHRD would act as a facilitator to ensure that the solutions are freely available to a large number of economically backward students.
- MHRD would create and maintain a National NEAT platform that would provide one-stop access to these technological solutions.
- EdTech companies would be responsible for developing solutions and manage registration of learners through the NEAT portal.
- They would be free to charge fees as per their policy.
- As their contribution towards the National cause, they would have to offer free coupons to the extent of 25% of the total registrations for their solution through NEAT portal.
- MHRD would distribute the free coupons for learning to the most socially/economically backward students.
- AICTE would be the implementing agency for NEAT programme.