e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential.
Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)
What to study?
For Prelims and Mains: Features and significance.
Context: Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2020 has been launched.
- ARIIA considers all major indicators which are commonly used globally to rank most innovative education institutions/ universities in the world.
- More than quantity, ARIIA will focus on quality of innovations and will try to measure the real impact created by these innovations nationally and internationally.
ARIIA will primarily focus on 5 main parameters:
- Budget Expenses and Revenue generated through Innovation and entrepreneurship development.
- Facilitating access to advance centres / facilities and entrepreneurial support system.
- Idea to Entrepreneurship.
- Development of Innovation Ecosystems Supported through Teaching & Learning.
- Best innovative solutions Developed In-house for Improving Governance of Your Institution.
Significance of ARIIA:
- Inspire Indian institutions to reorient their mind-set and build ecosystems to encourage high quality research, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Set tone and direction for institutions for future development for making them globally competitive and in forefront of innovation.
Need for such a tool:
For India to emerge as a global innovation hub, the youth of our country, especially in higher education institutions (HEIs) need to play a crucial role to create a sustainable innovation ecosystem. Hence, ideally all HEIs should have a comprehensive and functional mechanism to convert research into innovations.
- This ecosystem will encourage, inspire and nurture young students by exposing them to new ideas and processes resulting in innovative activities in their formative years.