Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM)
What to study?
For Prelims: Key features of the mission.
For Mains: Significance of the mission and challenges in its implementation.
Context: National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM), Conferred The Prestigious SKOCH Governance Gold Award.
The award has been conferred for its Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access (PAiSA).
What is PaiSA portal?
Launched in November 2018, it is a centralized IT platform which simplifies and streamlines release of interest subvention under the Mission.
It offers end to end online solution for processing, payment, monitoring and tracking of interest subvention claims from banks on a monthly basis.
It is designed and developed by Allahabad Bank (Nodal bank).
About DAY- NULM:
National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM) is renamed as Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana-(DAY-NULM) and in Hindi as – Rashtriya Shahri Aajeevika Mission.
Coverage: Under the scheme urban areas extends the coverage to all the 4041 statutory cities and towns, there by covering almost the entire urban population.
- To reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self employment and skilled wage employment opportunities, resulting in an appreciable improvement in their livelihoods on a sustainable basis, through building strong grassroots level.
- To provide the shelter equipped with essential services to the urban homeless in a phased manner.
- To address the livelihood concern of the urban street vendors by facilitating with suitable space, institutional credit, and social security and skills to the urban street vendor for accessing emerging market opportunities.
The scheme has two component one for urban India and other for rural India:
- The Urban component named as Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana will be implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation.
- The rural component named as Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana will be implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development.