- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana or DDU-GKY
What to study?
For prelims and mains: Key features, need for and significance of the scheme.
About Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana or DDU-GKY:
The Vision of DDU-GKY is to “Transform rural poor youth into an economically independent and globally relevant workforce”.
It aims to target youth, in the age group of 15–35 years.
DDU-GKY is a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), tasked with the dual objectives of adding diversity to the incomes of rural poor families and cater to the career aspirations of rural youth.
- Enable Poor and Marginalized to Access Benefits.
- Mandatory coverage of socially disadvantaged groups (SC/ST 50%; Minority 15%; Women 33%).
- Shifting Emphasis from Training to Career Progression.
- Post-placement support, migration support and alumni network.
- Proactive Approach to Build Placement Partnerships.
- Guaranteed Placement for at least 75% trained candidates.
- Enhancing the Capacity of Implementation Partners
- Nurturing new training service providers and developing their skills.
- Greater emphasis on projects for poor rural youth in Jammu and Kashmir (HIMAYAT).