Topic: Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life.
6) What do you understand by 5G technology? What are its benefits? Explain the various challenges involved in adopting the same.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is in the backdrop of recent debates over the Huawei’s role in the 5G network rollout in India continues. This comes at a time when the government has made its intentions clear to start with the 5G trials soon.
Key demand of the question:
Explain in detail the 5G technology, its benefits and applications and what are the challenges currently India is facing in implementing it.
Explain – Clarify the topic by giving a detailed account as to how and why it occurred, or what is the particular context. You must be defining key terms where ever appropriate, and substantiate with relevant associated facts.
Structure of the answer:
Explain in brief what you understand by 5G technology.
Explain the following points –
- 5G – It is the next generation cellular technology that will provide faster and more reliable communication with ultra-low latency.
- Its benefits – It will revolutionize the mobile experience; consumers will be able to download data heavy content such as 8K movies and games with better graphics in just a few seconds. But once 5G becomes commercial, users will be required to change their current devices in favor of 5G-enabled ones.
- However, it is likely that the primary use of the technology will go beyond delivery of services on personal mobiles devices.
- Discuss the various fields of applications for such technology.
- Discuss the various challenges being faced in incorporating the technology in India.
Conclude by reasserting the significance of such a technology.