Topic: Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
2) The effectiveness of Government measures in recent times have indicated a decline in child labour in India. Will this lead to complete eradication of child labour in India? Critically analyse.(250 words)
Why this question:
The article highlights the recent reports published in Lok Sabha that suggested instances of child labour detected during inspections having reduced successively from 2014 to 2018.
Demand of the question:
The answer has to evaluate the recent declining trends in child labour and to what extent government efforts alone have contributed to eradication of it and what more is needed to make India child labour free.
Critically analyze – When asked to analyze, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary. When ‘critically’ is suffixed or prefixed to a directive, one needs to look at the good and bad of the topic and give a fair judgement.
Structure of the answer:
Quote some facts to depict the declining trends.
- Explain what is meant by Child labour? –
- According to International Labour Organization (ILO), the term ‘child labour’ is often defined as work that deprives children of their childhood, their potential, and their dignity, and that is harmful to physical and mental development.
- Then explain What are the consequences/adverse effects of child labour on a child’s life?
- What have been the government’s efforts in addressing the issue?
- What needs to be done to completely get rid of such a social evil?
Conclude with way forward.