- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
Swadesh Darshan scheme
What to study?
For Prelims and Mains: Features and significance of the scheme, Important circuits and overview of their locations and geographical significance.
Context: Recognizing the potential of rural tourism in the country, the Ministry has identified Rural Circuit as one of the thematic circuits identified for development under this scheme and is aimed at leveraging tourism as a force multiplier for revitalizing the rural economy and for giving both domestic and international tourists a glimpse of the rural aspect of the country.
About Swadesh Darshan Scheme:
Tourism Ministry launched the scheme.
Objective: to develop theme-based tourist circuits in the country. These tourist circuits will be developed on the principles of high tourist value, competitiveness and sustainability in an integrated manner.
Features of Swadesh Darshan Scheme:
- 100% centrally fundedfor the project components undertaken for public funding.
- To leverage the voluntary funding available for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)initiatives of Central Public Sector Undertakings and corporate sector.
- Funding of individual project will varyfrom state to state and will be finalised on the basis of detailed project reports prepared by PMC (Programme Management Consultant).
- PMC will be a national level consultant to be appointed by the Mission Directorate.
- A National Steering Committee (NSC)will be constituted with Minister in charge of M/O Tourism as Chairman, to steer the mission objectives and vision of the scheme.
- A Mission Directorateheaded by the Member Secretary, NSC as a nodal officer will help in identification of projects in consultation with the States/ UTs governments and other stake holders.