- Issues related to education.
What to study.
For prelims and mains: key features, need for and significance of the scheme.
Context: UGC announces new Initiative – Scheme for Trans-disciplinary Research for India’s Developing Economy (STRIDE) to boost research culture in India.
- STRIDE will provide support to research projects that are socially relevant, locally need-based, nationally important and globally significant.
- STRIDE shall support research capacity building as well as basic, applied and transformational action research that can contribute to national prioritiers with focus on inclusive human development.
- STRIDE shall support creation, development and integration of new ideas, concepts and practices for public good and strengthening civil society.
- To identify young talent, strengthen research culture, build capacity, promote innovation and support trans-disciplinary research for India’s developing economy and national development.
- To fund multi institutional network high-impact research projects in humanities and human sciences.
STRIDE scheme will strengthen research culture and innovation in colleges and Universities and help students and faculty to contribute towards India’s developing economy with help of collaborative research. Focus on Humanities and Human Sciences will boost quality research on Indian languages and knowledge systems.