Topic: Important International institutions, agencies and fora, their structure, mandate.
2) Do you think the recent G20 summits have turned into talking shops rather than getting down to brass tacks? Critically analyse.(250 words)
Why this question:
World leaders from 19 countries and the European Union met recently in Osaka, Japan for latest edition of G20 summit.
Key demand of the question:
The answer requires one to analyse the possible inconclusiveness of the G20 summits off late and evaluation of the causes behind it. One should also suggest as to what needs to be done.
Critically analyze – When asked to analyze, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary. When ‘critically’ is suffixed or prefixed to a directive, one needs to look at the good and bad of the topic and give a fair judgement.
Structure of the answer:
Begin by explaining what is G20, quote some facts like – annual meeting of leaders from the countries with the largest and fastest-growing economies. Its members account for 85% of the world’s GDP, and two-thirds of its population.
Discussion should include the following:
- Discuss the key features of G20, its establishment.
- Role played by it in ensuring world economy on right track.
- What have been the issues facing it off late?
- What needs to be done to resolve the current concerns/issues.
Conclude by reasserting its significance and need for a revamp in its functioning to ensure crisis free world economy.