Topic: Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
6) Who are PVTGs? Discuss the issues related to their protection and statutory rights given to them.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question intends to discuss the PVTGs and issues related to their protection of rights.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss the concept of PVTGs, issues concerning them, challenges involved and suggest solutions to the same.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines appreciate the need for classifying tribals into PVTGs.
- PVTGs are more vulnerable among the tribal groups. Due to this factor, more developed and assertive tribal groups take a major chunk of the tribal development funds, because of which PVTGs need more funds directed for their development.
- Discuss the significance of classifying them.
- What are the challenges posed by them?
- Explain the issues related to their protection and statutory rights given to them.
Conclude by reasserting significance of protecting them.