Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources, issues relating to poverty and hunger.
Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes.
5) Discuss the key features and objectives of National Programme for prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and strokes (NPCDCS).(250 words)
Why this question:
A meeting to review the status of National Programme for prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and strokes (NPCDCS) was held recently. Thus, it is important for us to analyse the program from the examination point of view.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss in detail the objectives and features of the NPCDCS.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines discuss the context of the question.
- In brief discuss the following points:
- About the programme – National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS) was launched in 2010 in 100 districts across 21 States, in order to prevent and control the major NCDs.
- The main focus of the programme is on health promotion, early diagnosis, management and referral of cases, besides strengthening the infrastructure and capacity building.
- Discuss in detail the key features.
Conclude with what more needs to be done.