Topic: The role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders, Agriculture
5) What do you understand by agricultural development? Discuss the role played by NGOs in supporting farmers across the states for agricultural development. (250 words)
Why this question:
The article discuses a specific case study of How an NGO named AHIMSA has been supporting farmer-producer groups across States
Key demand of the question:
The answer must first discuss the concept of agricultural development and analyse the role played by NGOs in agricultural development of the country.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
In a few lines define the concept of agricultural development.
The answer must discuss the following:
- What do you understand by agricultural development?
- What way can civil societies catalyze agriculture development in India?
- Discuss the prevalent issues and challenges facing Indian agriculture.
- One can discuss a case study (say the case study of NGO AHIMSA) and explain how along with efforts of the government on the policy front, such multi stakeholders’ approach is crucial to the development of agrarian scenario of the country.
Conclude with way forward.