Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031
What to study?
For prelims: key features of the strategy.
For mains: significance, need for, challenges in implementation and expected outcomes.
Context: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) Cabinet has adopted a National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031.
- To make UAE a world leader in quality of life by undertaking various strategic objectives and initiatives.
- To promote an integrated concept of wellbeing, thereby supporting vision of UAE Vision 2021 and UAE Centennial 2071.
Key highlights of the proposed strategy:
- National Wellbeing Observatory: It proposes to establish a National Wellbeing Observatory, which will support policymaking process.
- Functions of the observatory: monitoring a number of indicators of wellbeing in UAE, submitting regular reports to UAE Cabinet, proposing training programmes for government employees and will launch Academy of Wellbeing future generations. In addition to this observatory is also charged with formation of a National Wellbeing Councilto manage and coordinate national strategy.
- National Wellbeing Strategy is based on a national framework of three main levels- Individuals, Society and the Country.
- It includes 14 key areas and 9 strategic objectives, which includes enhancing people’s wellbeing by promoting healthy & active lifestyles and good mental health and adopting positive thinking.
- Under the strategy 90 new projects will be launched that will target more than 40 priority areas and will improve physical, psychological and digital health of future generations.
Sources: the Hindu.