Topic: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
2) Discuss the objectives of Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSS), In what way do you think it can successfully re-energize and reinvigorate vocational training and skill development aspects in the country?(250 words)
Why this question:
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has decided to waive off fee for SC/ST candidates who join vocational training under Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSS).
Key demand of the question:
The answer must provide for an assessment of the program – Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSS) and its contributions to vocational training and skill development.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
In a few lines explain the vocational training and skill development scenario of the country.
- The answer must have a detailed discussion upon the salient features of the program;
- Formerly under the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Jan Shikshan Sansthans was transferred to the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship in 2018.
- Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSS) were established to provide vocational training to non-literate, neo-literate, as well as school dropouts by identifying skills as would have a market in the region of their establishment.
- They were formerly known as Shramik Vidyapeeth.
- The JSSs are unique, they link literacy with vocational skills and provide large doses of Life Enrichment Education (LEE) to the people.
- They aim for convergence with other stakeholders in society. It is their endeavor to shape their beneficiaries into self-reliant and self-assured employees and entrepreneurs.
- Then discuss in what way the approach in this program is different from others.
- What can be the way forward.
Conclude by reasserting significance of vocational training and skill development in the country.