Topic: Morality; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance;
7) Abolition of untouchability in all its forms, including scavenging, remains an unrealized constitutional right, Discuss in detail the scope of constitutional morality in such conditions. (250 words)
Why this question:
The question is about discussing the concept of constitutional morality, its scope in the context of social ills such as untouchability in all possible forms.
Key demand of the question:
Answer should discuss how the issue of the rights of sweepers and scavengers has never entered the mainstream legal consciousness in the country.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines explain the background of the question.
One must cover the following aspects in the answer –
- What do you understand by the constitutional morality?
- Why the above-mentioned social evils have remained as unrealized constitutional rights?
- Challenges in inculcating the constitutional morality.
- What needs to be done to further the utility of morality in such cases?
Conclude with significance.