Topic: Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
5) The problem with the Indian economy is not “jobless” growth. It is the inadequacy and instability of incomes for millions. Critically Analyse.(250 words)
Why this question:
The article discusses in detail the prevailing conditions of poverty amidst election promises made by prime Minister Modi stating there will be only two castes now: those who are poor and those who want to free them from poverty.
Key demands of the question:
The answer must analyse why there is poverty in our country and in what way it is not about the jobless growth in the country but about the instability in the incomes of the people.
Critically analyze – When asked to analyze, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary. When ‘critically’ is suffixed or prefixed to a directive, one needs to look at the good and bad of the topic and give a fair judgement.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines explain the conditions of poverty in the country.
The body of the answer has to capture the following aspects:
- Discuss what you understand by jobless growth.
- How is it related to poverty in India?
- What makes Indian economy prone to jobless growth? what are the implications?
- How is it not about joblessness but about income instability?
- Take hints from the article to elaborate and conclude with significance.
Conclude with way forward.