Topic : contributors to Indian freedom struggle.
2) Discuss the contributions of Vinayak Damodar Savarkar in the freedom movement of India. (250 words)
Why this question:
Swatantryaveer Vinayak Damodar Savarkar’s birth anniversary was celebrated yesterday thus it is important for us to analyse his contributions to Indian freedom struggle .
Demand of the question:
List the contributions of Vinayak Damodar Savarkar in Indian freedom struggle.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Start with brief narration of his role in freedom struggle.
Discuss the following points in detail:
- Born on this day in 1883 near Nasik in Maharashtra, Vinayak Damodar Savarkar was popularly called Veer Savarkar.
- Veer Savarkar was a freedom fighter . He called 1857 revolt as the first war of independence.
- He founded the following Organizations: Abhinav Bharat Society and Free India Society.
- He was also a member of India House. He was not the founder of Hindu Mahasabha, but he did serve as its president.
- He opposed the Quit India struggle in 1942, calling it a “Quit India but keep your army” movement.
- Savarkar endorsed the ideal of India as a Hindu Rashtra and is credited with developing the Hindu nationalist political ideology Hindutva.
- He wrote the book” Joseph Mazzini- Biography and Politics.”
- He published “The Indian War of Independence” about the Indian rebellion of 1857.
Conclude with significance of his contributions.