Topic: Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
5) What do you understand by Green New Deal (GND)? Evaluate its prospects for India’s ailing economy.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is around the concept of Green new deal and the prospects it has for Indian economy.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss what is the concept of GND, its prospects and way forward.
Evaluate – When you are asked to evaluate, you have to pass a sound judgement about the truth of the given statement in the question or the topic based on evidences. You have to appraise the worth of the statement in question. There is scope for forming a personal opinion here.
Structure of the answer
write a few introductory lines on the importance of such concept.
- Answer should have the following dimensions covered:
- Discuss the concept of Green New Deal – It is a big, bold transformation of the economy to tackle the twin crises of inequality and climate change. It would mobilize vast public resources to help us transition from an economy built on exploitation and fossil fuels to one driven by dignified work and clean energy.
- Explain What is the Green New Deal proposal?
- Discuss how The Green New Deal could work in India too, allowing for a qualitative difference to the economy.
- Take hints from the article and discuss at depth.
- Conclusion –
Conclude with significance and what should be the way forward.