Topic: Security challenges and their management in border areas.
3) Evaluate the major shortcomings in India’s national security architecture. Suggest measures to overcome these shortcomings with respect to the key recommendations made by D.S. Hooda’s document. (250 words)
Why this question:
The article highlights the urgent need for a blueprint for national security strategy for India.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss in detail the major shortcoming of National security in India. What measures can be taken to address these issues highlighting the need for a road map designing the national security agenda.
Evaluate – When you are asked to evaluate, you have to pass a sound judgement about the truth of the given statement in the question or the topic based on evidences. You have to appraise the worth of the statement in question. There is scope for forming a personal opinion here.
Structure of the answer
write a few introductory lines on the importance of national security.
- Answer should have the following dimensions covered:
- Discuss the need for formulating a national security strategy for India.
- What are the major shortcomings in India’s national security architecture that must be addressed?
- key national security institutions and revamp their functioning.
- Role of National Security Adviser with respect to accountability and legal formality.
- Significant features of Hooda document.
- Way forward.
Conclude with significance and what should be the way forward.