Topic :Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
6) With RISAT-2B, India has resumed its course back on radar imaging space fleet, discuss its significance elucidating upon its application across the domains.(250 words)
Why this question:
In a pre-dawn launch on Wednesday, Indian space agency ISRO scripted history by successfully launching earth observation satellite RISAT-2B that would enhance the country’s surveillance capabilities among others.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss in detail significant features of RISAT- 2B and importance it brings to India in terms of radar imaging space fleet. One must list out in detail the application aspects of such a mission.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer
write a few introductory lines on RISAT – 2B.
Answers must discuss the following aspects :
- The salient features of the satellite launch – RISAT -2B
- What are its capabilities?
- Why is the mission important to India?
- What are the applications it brings – in the fields of – agriculture; crop estimation, forestry, soil, land use, geology and during floods and cyclone.
- Its significance to security forces and disaster relief agencies etc.
Conclude with significance of such a mission to India.