Topic : Issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth.
6) Do you think growth of electric vehicles can be seen as an opportunity to create more livable cities? Account for pros and cons of electric vehicles in justifying sustainable mobility the heartbeat of more livable cities in India. (250 words)
Why this question:
The article explains how Growth in EVs in India is not just a question of pushing one technology over another, it analyses in detail the relationship of mobility vehicles and sustainable and livable cities.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss in detail the pros and cons associated with growth of electric vehicles in India and their contribution towards sustainable and livable cities.
Account for – Clarify the topic by giving a detailed account as to how and why it occurred, or what is the particular context. You must be defining key terms where ever appropriate, and substantiate with relevant associated facts.
Structure of the answer
write a few introductory lines on electric mobility of vehicles.
Answers must discuss the following aspects :
- What do you understand by sustainable mobility? Role of electric vehicles in achieving the same.
- How can we achieve sustainable mobility to make India’s cities more livable? – Explain how as India builds technology-filled “smart” cities, policymakers have an important opportunity to use sustainable mobility strategies to design cities around people, not cars.
- Comment on Urban mobility in India.
- Discuss in detail role played by electric vehicles, have a discussion on government’s efforts in this direction lie FAME II etc.
Conclude that there is a need for models that marry efficiency and speed, cost, mobility and employment. At the core, initiatives must address the need to move people rather than traffic.