Topic: Disaster and disaster management.
6) What is Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery? Discuss its objectives. Also explain the role played by India.(250 words)
Why this question:
Recently India has been unanimously chosen as co-chair of the Consultative Group (CG) of Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) for the fiscal year 2020.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss in detail is Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery and its objectives along with the significant role played by India in this direction.
Explain – Clarify the topic by giving a detailed account as to how and why it occurred, or what is the particular context. You must be defining key terms where ever appropriate, and substantiate with relevant associated facts.
Structure of the answer
write a few introductory lines about is Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery.
Answers must discuss the following aspects :
- What is it? It is a grant-funding mechanism, managed by the World Bank, that supports disaster risk management projects worldwide.
- Objectives: GFDRR is a global partnership that helps developing countries better understand and reduce their vulnerability to natural hazards and climate change.
- Present status: It is presently working on the ground with over 400 local, national, regional, and international partners and provides knowledge, funding, and technical assistance.
- Explain the role India has to play with respect to it.
Conclude with way forward.