Topic: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation. Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
3) Breaking down the boundaries guarding our privacy? Debate the benefits these technologies offer with respect to the data breaches they make.(250 words)
Why this question:
The article captures the debate of pros and cons that Internet of things bring to us. It analyses the issue of data privacy and surveillance of the IoT. One has to weigh the pros and cons for the same.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must argue in detail for and against the Internet of things, one has to analyse the positives and negatives of the IoT.
Structure of the answer:
Briefly explain the concept of Internet of Things and how Internet of things has been a buzzword in today’s fast-paced world. Internet of things is a core technology in today’s era.
Body of the answer should discuss the following aspects:
- Start by explaining what are the benefit of Internet of things?
- Discuss the three of the main concerns that accompany the Internet of Things are the breach of privacy, over-reliance on technology, and the loss of jobs.
- Aspect of Privacy and security – In today’s tech-driven world, each and every device that an individual uses is connected via the internet. This increases the risk of any leakage of data that might be important. This is a major drawback of sharing information, as confidential information might not be safe & could be hacked by third parties easily.
- Present points on how it proves to provide an unpermitted data surveillance breaching boundaries of privacy.
- Conclude as to what can be the way ahead.
Conclude with measures to prevent such data breach and what can be the way forward with it.