Topic: Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
2) Do you think Internet of Things offer a new form of persistent surveillance by Discuss the salient features of PM Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM-SYM), how is it a new hope of light for the Pension Scheme for Unorganized sector workers in India? (250 words)
Why this question:
The PM Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM-SYM) that was announced in the Interim Budget-2019 was formally inaugurated by PM Modi recently. The scheme seeks to benefit around 42 crore workers from the unorganized sector of the country.
Key demand of the question:
The question here is straightforward, one has to evaluate the salient features of PM Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM-SYM).
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Begin with brief write up on unorganized sector workers and the facilities they have in terms of policies and programmes.
- Discussion should include the following aspects –
- PM-SYM is a Central Sector Scheme administered by the Ministry of Labour and Employment and implemented through Life Insurance Corporation of India and Community Service Centers (CSCs). LIC will be the Pension Fund Manager and responsible for Pension pay out.
- This scheme seeks to benefit around 42 crore workers from the unorganized sector of the country.
- Then move on to discuss the Salient Features of the scheme – Minimum Assured Pension, role of the central government etc.
- Once the beneficiary joins the scheme at the entry age of 18-40 years, the beneficiary has to contribute till 60 years of age.
- On attaining the age of 60 years, the subscriber will get the assured monthly pension of Rs.3000/- with benefit of family pension, as the case may be.
Conclude with significance of such schemes in the upliftment of the unorganized working class.