Topic: Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
1) “Improving employability of students by introducing employment relevance into the learning process of the higher education system is the need of the hour”. Discuss the role played by Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS) of Government of India in this direction.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is about discussing the significance of employment relevant learning process that is needed in Indian system of higher education.
Demand of the question:
This question seeks to examine significance of employment relevant learning process that is needed in Indian system of higher education with a detailed analysis of recently launched Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS).
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Start with brief introduction highlighting the significance of Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS).
Discuss the following points in detail:
- The Ministry of HRD has launched the Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS) for providing industry apprenticeship opportunities.
- Discuss the salient features of SHREYAS Scheme-
- It is a programme conceived for students in degree courses, primarily non-technical, with a view to introduce employable skills into their learning, promote apprenticeship and also amalgamate employment facilitating.
- SHREYAS portal will enable educational institutions and industry to log in and provide their respective demand and supply of apprenticeship.
- The matching of students with apprenticeship avenues will take place as per pre-specified eligibility criteria.
- Explain the objectives of the scheme, its operation and implementation strategy.
- Discuss how schemes like SHREYAS will be a major effort in this direction to make our degree students more skilled, capable, employable and aligned to the needs of our economy so that they contribute to country’s progress and also obtain gainful employment.
Conclude with significance of such schemes.