Topic: India and its neighbourhood- relations. Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
3) What is Intra – Afghan Dialogue? With India being a key player in the Afghanistan’s peace process, Discuss the effects of such a doialogue n India. (250 words)
Why this question:
The question is in the context of Intra – Afghan Dialogue and its impact on India.
Demand of the question:
This question seeks to examine Intra – Afghan Dialogue, role of India and the effects it will have on the geopolitics of the region.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Start with brief narration of the background of the issue.
Discuss the following points in detail:
- India-Afghanistan Relations – Strategic, Economic, and Security Interests. Highlight as to why India’s stakes are high in such a dialogue.
- Debate on India’s role in Afghan – There is a debate among major players in Afghan on the optimal role for India in Afghanistan’s reconstruction in light of the enduring security competition between India and Pakistan.
- Discuss the involvement of different powers – US, China, Iran etc and roles played by them.
- Then move on to discuss Why India needs to keep a close eye on the progress in the US-Taliban talks?
- Conclude with way ahead
Conclude with significance of the such dialogues and the impact it will have possibly on India’s relationship with Afghanistan.