Topic: Ethics in private and public relationships.
7) Define trust and explain the expected outcome of having trust in a relationship. Use an example of a situation that an individual may encounter in a professional domain to illustrate issues arising out of trust deficit. (250 words)
Ethics by Lexicon publications.
Why this question:
The question is about analyzing the quality of Trust in an individual, what can happen if there is a mistrust or trust deficit in a relationship – be it individual, societal or professional. One has to analyse and suggest solutions to such a situation using an example/illustration.
Key demand of the question:
Analyse in detail the quality of ‘Trust’ , its significance in one’s life. Discuss the impact of trust deficit
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines explain the significance of Trust.
In brief cover the following aspects –
- Discuss What does trust in the workplace mean to you? Trust at individual level and its impact on concerned relations.
- Benefits of virtue of Trust –
- Individuals who trust each other don’t expend as much of their time and energy watching their backs. They often redirect that energy towards productivity and innovation.
- When individuals are given the trust to execute, they are more likely to become engaged with the relationship and align more with its mission.
- What is trust deficit ? how to overcome it?
- How to earn trust? Do what you say you will do and don’t overcommit. Be honest – When others know your feedback focuses on attaining the same goal, they’ll trust you to not to spin etc.
- Use an example – say one involving trust between two teammates working in an office – workplace and illustrate the trust – trust deficit scenario.
Conclude with significance.