Topic: Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
3) Discuss the significance and role played by Prime Minister’s Science, Technology And Innovation Advisory Council in the development of science and technology domain of the country.(250 words)
Why this question:
The question is about the significance and role played by Prime Minister’s Science, Technology And Innovation Advisory Council in India.
Key demand of the question:
The answer is direct and straightforward, one must discuss the roles and responsibilities handled by the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology And Innovation Advisory Council.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Brief upon the need to have such regulatory to develop the domain of sci and tech in the country.
Following to be discussed in detail –
- About Prime Minister’s Science Technology and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC) – is an overarching body for assessment, creation and implementation of major scientific, technology and innovation interventions for India.
- Explain the composition.
- The other important terms of reference of the Council is to formulate, converge, collaborate, co-ordinate and implement multi-stakeholder policy initiatives, mechanisms, reforms and programmes aimed at:
- Synergizing S&T covering fundamental to applied research in collaboration with multiple stake holders both in central and state governments
- Enabling future preparedness in emerging domains of science and technology
- Formulating and coordinating major inter-ministerial S&T missions
- Providing an enabling ecosystem for technology led innovations and techno-entrepreneurship
- Driving innovation and technology delivery towards solving socio-economic challenges for sustainable growth
- Fostering effective public-private linkages for driving research and innovation
- Developing innovation clusters with multiple stakeholders including academia, industry and government
- Skilling in current and futuristic technologies.
Conclude with significance of such regulatory bodies.