Topic: Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests. Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources.
4) Indian policy story needs a serious national technology strategy as a part of its development policy. comment. (250 words)
Why this question:
The article discusses in detail the concept of techno-nationalism, it highlights the relationship between Technology and nationalism. How technology has often been an instrument of national power; and the quest for national power has, in turn, led to the investments in, and the creation of, different models of scientific organization.
Key demand of the question:
The question expects one to assert the need for national technology strategy as a part of its development policy for furthering the benefits of technology in policies and programmes.
Comment– here we have to express our knowledge and understanding of the issue and form an overall opinion thereupon.
Structure of the answer:
Begin with brief introductory lines stating what you understand by techno-nationalism.
- Discussion should include the following aspects –
- Explain how and why technology and nationalism are interrelated and interlinked?
- Discuss the role of technology in policy making, what differences does it bring in policy front?
- Explain who are the carriers of new front of techno-nationalism ? – nexus of big companies, state power and consumerist populism.
- One can take examples from the article and justify the need for technological strategy as part of national policy making.
Conclude with a reassertion of significance of National technology strategy and its need.