Topic : Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism.
6) Do you think terror has religion ? Analyse with recent examples where terrorism has been often related to religion. (250 words)
Why this question:
The article discusses how religion is often associated with terrorism.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must thus evaluate the theme of religious terrorism, recent incidences, cause driving them and discuss what should be done to overcome it.
Analyze – When asked to analyse, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary.
Structure of the answer:
In a few lines brief about the recent incidences where terror attacks where associated with religion.
- Discuss the concept of Religious terrorism- one that is carried out based on motivations and goals that may have a predominantly religious character or influence.
- Then move on to explain how terrorism is usually understood as the use or threat of violence to further a political cause. There is no universally agreed definition of terrorism making it a difficult object to quantify.
- The visualization below shows the annual number of terrorist attacks globally and by country:
- Take cues from the article – discuss examples ranging from Pragya Thakur – Malegaon case to the recent attacks in Australia in the mosque.
- What should be the way forward to overcome?
Conclude by suggesting road ahead to curb terrorism.