Topic: Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment.
6) Has the Coastal Regulation Zone Notification, 2018, diluted India’s only protection system for the fragile ecology by opening it up to realtors and large-scale development projects? Critically analyse.(250 words)
Why this question:
The article captures in detail the analysis of recently released Coastal Regulation Zone Notification, 2018, it discusses in what way it has diluted India’s only protection system for the fragile ecology and opened it up to realtors and large-scale development projects.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must explain the significance of conserving coastal ecosystem and discuss specific impacts of the Coastal Regulation Zone Notification, 2018 on the same.
Critically analyze – When asked to analyse, you have to examine methodically the structure or nature of the topic by separating it into component parts and present them as a whole in a summary. When ‘critically’ is suffixed or prefixed to a directive, one needs to look at the good and bad of the topic and give a fair judgement.
Structure of the answer:
Introduce with context of the question – the Coastal Regulation Zone Notification, 2018.
- Explain in brief present conditions of coastal ecology of India.
- Discuss the salient features of the notification.
- Analyse the pros and cons.
- Discuss the systematic violations the regulation brought in – use cues from the article.
- What changes need to be done – policy level? Individual level and societal level.
Conclude with importance of conserving coastal zones and their ecology.