Topic : Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
4) The Indo-Pacific region is not anymore only about China’s growth but also about regional countries adopting independent foreign policy approaches. Comment (250 words)
Why this question:
The article discusses the viewpoint of USA’s policy of “Indo pacific strategy”. Thus it is necessary for us to analyse how the region is important for countries surrounding it and it is not anymore just about the countries like China and their growth.
Demand of the question:
The answer must evaluate Indo-Pacific strategy – the role being played by each stakeholder involved differently and in what way US’s strategy differs and hinges on Sino – Indian differences. One must re assert that the region is not anymore about China’s growth alone but is also about all countries involved therein.
Comment– here we have to express our knowledge and understanding of the issue and form an overall opinion thereupon.
Structure of the answer:
Start by explaining the Indo pacific region and its significance.
- Bring out the significance of Indo-Pacific strategy in general
- Explain how the strategy differs from the perspective of each country.
- Narrate the background of Sino Indian differences.
- How Indo-Pacific region has been associated with China’s growth.
- Discuss the emergence of other smaller countries and their role in changing dynamics.
Conclude with way forward.