Topic : Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions.
7) What are the ethical principles involved in the system permitting organ donation and allocation? Also discuss the importance of regulations for the success of organ transplant policy of the country.(250 words)
Ethics by Lexicon publications.
Why this question:
The question is to evaluate the ethical aspects involved in system of organ donation and allocation, one must also discuss the position of regulations for the success of organ transplant policy of the country.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must first discuss the various ethical aspects involved in permitting organ donation and allocation of the same. And what are the policy requirements of such system.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Brief upon Organ donation and ethics involved.
- Discuss how the ethics of allocating human organs for transplantation is a specific application of ethical norms to social practices. The principle involved are essentially the same as those that apply to other areas of human conduct.
- Is organ donation an ethical issue?
- Explain that the Ethical principles and regulatory requirements often overlap.
- What are the ethical principles that should be considered when determining how to allocate a scarce life-saving resource.
- Discuss – three principles of primary importance in the allocation of human organs: 1) utility; 2) justice; and 3) respect for persons (including respect for autonomy).
- Discuss what regulations should be brought in to have an effective ethically sound process in place.
Conclude with way forward .