Topic : Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health.
4) The antimicrobial resistance is turning into a global concern. Discuss the possible causes for the Candida Auris rampage and suggest what should be done to overcome the issue.(250 words)
Why this question:
The drug-resistant fungus “Candida Auris” has sickened hundreds of people across the United States (US) and around the world, and its rise embodies a serious and growing public health threat of antimicrobial resistance
Key demand of the question:
The answer must cover a detailed discussion on the antimicrobial resistance, onset of Candida Auris, causes and effects. And what needs to be done to overcome the challenge concerning the world.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Highlight the situation , explain the background in brief.
Discussion should have the following aspects :
- About Candida Auris (C. Auris) :
- is a drug-resistant superbug fungus which causes serious infections; it is an emerging fungus that presents a serious global health threat.
- The fungus has also been called “a creature from the black lagoon.”
- It is multidrug-resistant, which means it is resistant to multiple antifungal drugs commonly used to treat Candida infections.
- The fungus, a type of yeast called Candida auris, can lead to an infection of the bloodstream, heart, or brain and these infections are difficult to treat.
- Why is it such a big worry? – causes and consequences (take leads from the article)
- Origin of the global threat.
- How it can be prevented – preventing the spread, intensive clinical care, controlled intake of antibiotics, reduced usage of fungicides in agriculture etc.
Conclude with road ahead – Battling the superbugs requires aggressive responses and, ultimately, scientific advancements.