Topic: Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian subcontinent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India).
2) With mounting scarcity of fossil fuels, Solar energy is gaining more and more significance in India. Discuss the availability of raw material required for the generation of Solar energy in India and in the world.(250 words)
Why this question:
Amidst growing Global fossil fuel consumption over the long-term and consequent scarcity it is essential for us to evaluate options of renewable resources and in this context Solar energy.
Demand of the question:
The steady increase in energy consumption coupled with environmental pollution has promoted research activities in alternative and renewable energy fuels. Many countries in the world are continuously developing materials and methods for effectively utilizing the alternative fuel resources available in their region. Thus one must discuss the potential Solar energy has for us to overcome the energy shortages of present and future. Your discussion should focus on availability of raw material required for the generation of Solar energy in India and in the world.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer:
Start with brief highlight of the current energy consumption patterns across the world, the crisis World is facing.
Discuss the following points in detail:
- Explain how the world is gradually marching towards a severe energy crisis, with an ever-increasing demand of energy overstepping its supply and that the energy we use every day is not unlimited, yet we take it for granted.
- Discuss the causes of energy crisis
- Then move on to discuss potential of Solar energy as a renewable source of fuels.
- Discuss the factors associated such as – availability of raw material required for the generation of Solar energy in India and in the world – Tropical nature of the country, technology – PV solar cells, capacity in terms of skills etc.
Conclude with inevitableness of exploring newer and renewable resources given the conditions of present global energy crisis.