Topic: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
5) Achieving 24×7 power for all in rural India is a mandatory significant step to harvest the socio-economic benefits of electricity. Discuss along with measures suggesting methods of augmenting Saubhagya scheme. (250 words)
Why this question:
The question is to evaluate the linkage between 24×7 power supply to the rural India and the socio economic development associated with it. The article presents a detailed analysis of points in the same context.
Key demand of the question:
The answer must provide for a detailed narration of recent achievements made through Saubhagya scheme for rural electrification and the issues involved with it. The answer must appreciate the socio-economic progress associated with rural electrification.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer
write a few introductory lines about the recent power for all drive of the government of India for the rural pockets of the country.
Answers must discuss the following aspects :
- Significance of power for all .
- Why is it essential for socio economic development of rural India?
- Discuss the steps to help rural India overcome electricity poverty and reap immense socio-economic benefits – real-time monitoring of supply at the end-user level, smart meters, focus on improving the quality of supply as well as maintenance services etc.
- Then move on to analyse the significance of Saubhagya scheme, discuss the merits and demerits associated.
- Stress on need to prioritize electricity access for livelihoods and community services such as education and health care, decent standard of living etc.
Conclude with way forward.