Topic : Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships.
8) List the reforms necessary to encourage ethical behaviour and prevent misconduct in public organizations of India.(250 words)
Ethics by Lexicon
Why this question:
The question is intended to evaluate the need for ethical behaviour and good conduct necessary in public organizations of India .
Key demand of the question:
The answer must discuss in detail the significance ethical behaviour and good conduct in public organizations, one has to list down the reforms required in Indian context for the same.
Structure of the answer:
In a few introductory lines appreciate the need for ethical behaviour and good conduct in public services.
- Explain – Ethics in the public sector is a broad topic that is usually considered a branch of political ethics. In the public sector, ethics addresses the fundamental premise of a public administrator’s duty as a “steward” to the public. In other words, it is the moral justification and consideration for decisions and actions made during the completion of daily duties when working to provide the general services of government and nonprofit organizations.
- List out a number of practical mechanisms for setting and institutionalizing high standards of ethical conduct, integrity and good Governance.
- Discuss the need for introduction of relevant Codes of Ethics and
Conduct, to be effective, needs to be supported by a range of other mechanisms, training and leadership in Public services and organizations.
- Quote examples to justify the same.
Conclude with importance of Ethical behaviour in public organizations.