Topic: Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment. developing new technology.
5) “Owing to the unparalleled transformation in the world of work, there are numerous transformational challenges that are bound to occur” Discuss the persistent future challenges in the world of work with the advent of the automation.(250 words)
Why this question:
The article captures the analysis of recently released report by the International Labour Organization (ILO) that dwells on automation and employability aspects .
Key demand of the question:
The answer must provide for a detailed analysis of the impact of automation directly and indirectly on Job scenario. The report titled “Changing Business and Opportunities for Employer and Business Organizations” by ILO needs to be analyzed in detail.
Discuss – This is an all-encompassing directive – you have to debate on paper by going through the details of the issues concerned by examining each one of them. You have to give reasons for both for and against arguments.
Structure of the answer
write a few introductory lines about the job scenario in India.
Answers must discuss the following aspects :
- Have a discussion on how Robotic automation is having the greatest impact, replacing low skilled jobs and simple assembly tasks and thus affecting employability factor and shrinking jobs in the economy.
- Discuss what Jobs are impacted by automation?
- Indian context of the situation – take cues from the article and quote the findings of the report.
- What needs to be done – focus on skilling, education system etc.
Conclude with way forward, assert that with changing lifestyle, evolution of technology India needs to gear up with its policies directed for employment and skilling.